Despite a continual shift in vendors and trends in the marine industry, Hardin Marine has so far been very effective at keeping up with the various product demands that spring forth from consumer desires. One of the more obvious gaps in the market was an affordable shift/throttle control that is easily retrofitted to replace cheap plastic OEM controls found in numerous applications. Yet again, Hardin Marine has stepped up to the plate and brought the same ergonomic design A-team to the table that built the controls for many of the industry’s fastest power and pleasureboats. This time, they’ve built an economic, all billet constructed new dual handle control.
This new control is manufactured from all 6061-T6 billet aluminum and powder coated or anodized for superior corrosion protection and increased life span. These controls feature aircraft billet trim buttons, as well as an integrated ignition kill switch and trailer button feature. To improve the ease of installation, Hardin chose to match the OEM Mercruiser mounting bolt pattern, which is something any other vendor has yet to do. Best of all, they’ve created the ultimate functional control which reduces the cost to boaters by hundreds of dollars without sacrificing style. Check it out and get yours here!
Unique features to the Hardin control:
- Direct replacement bolt attachment pattern as OEM Plastic Mercury Quicksilver control
- All billet aluminum construction.
- Ergonomic European designed levers.
- Works with existing Mercruiser Gen II cables or 33c cables with appropriate adapter for Mercruiser Applications.
- Mounting bolt pattern is the same as the OEM Mercruiser pattern.
- Superior billet aircraft rim buttons.
- 360 degree Neutral safety switch operation.
- Includes kill switch and lanyard.
- All internal components are anodized for friction reduction and corrosion resistance.
- Available in both Left hand (Port) or Right Hand (Starboard) mounted versions.
- Cable bracket rotates for horizontal or vertical cable entry.
- Popular color options.