DCB Performance Boats of El Cajon, CA, has delivered a brand-new DCB M31 Widebody to its customer Tony Douglas of Denver, CO. It is Douglas’s second DCB, succeeding his 2009 F32 powered by 900-hp Teague engines with IMCO drives. The M31 has been equipped with a pair of Mercury Racing 700s with SSM #6 drives.
Douglas, who owns the DTI Trucks dealership in Wheat Ridge, CO, says he’s stoked by the Widebody design, which features an innovative interior, expansive seating configuration with Alcantara fabric, all-digital displays and numerous other amenities. “The gelcoat and the overall look of the boat is incredible, and the way they did the interior is amazing as well,” he told Powerboat Nation. “They just did a stunning job on this boat.”
Another impressive part of the package is the custom triple-axle trailer that Douglas had built by Adrenaline Trailers (Lake Havasu City, AZ), with sports customized 20” American Force rims, stainless-steel fenders, triangular drive guard and a truly dazzling undercarriage LED lighting package. (See photos below.)
“I’ve bought lots of new boats, and usually there’s quite a ‘sorting out’ process before everything comes together,” Douglas says. “But we ran it all day, for five or six hours, and everything worked great. We didn’t have any alarms going off or the stereo kicking out that you sometimes have to deal with. DCB just did a superlative job. It felt like I was picking up a new car instead of a new boat.”
Douglas was 100% involved in his M31’s creation, and credits DCB for keeping him in the loop and flexible during the customization process. “Nothing’s out of reach—they never say no,” he says. “If you ask for something, they want to deliver. I picked out everything, from the gel and the colors on down. Those things are extremely important to me. I bought a silver 4×4 SportChassis last year, and wanted the boat to match the truck.”
How fast does the boat go? “It did 135 mph right out of the box, but I’m sure it’ll get up to 140+ once I’m able to put a few hours on it,” Douglas says.
Model: 2019 DCB M31 Widebody
Dealer: Preston Woolery / Horizon Motorsports AZ
Power: Twin Mercury Racing 700s/SSM #6 drives
• 100% Alcantara interior with matching under-cuddy custom matching carpet kit with shaved diamonds in the fabric.
• Phase III gelcoat scheme.
• Half cap with black powdercoated stainless-steel rubrail.
• Vacuum Infused Resin (VIR) process, balsa-cored, with additional carbon-fiber.
• Two Simrad NSS9 Evo3 (9”) touch screen monitors.
• Garmin 922 (9”) GPS center plotter.
• Rear view back-up camera.
• Two Garmin GMi20s in back of headrests.
• Interior Rigid LED lighting package (mood lighting, courtesy lighting, LED cupholders).
• Stage IV stereo (full custom) – Fusion head unit, four JL Audio amplifiers, 12 JL midrange speakers, four 12” JL W6 subwoofers.
• Livorsi DTS controls
• SeaDek boarding kit (walkway between engine hatches and steps down into cockpit).
• Adrenaline custom trailer, triple-axle with customized 20” American Force rims, SS fenders and triangular drive guard, undercarriage LED lighting package.