DCB Performance Boats recently delivered a brand-new M29 to Paul Landry of Lake Tapps, WA. The boat is powered by a single Mercury Racing 1550/1350 dual-calibration engine capable of reaching speeds of 140+ mph in 1350 mode and 150+ mph in 1550 mode.
Landry previously owned a couple of Nordics, including a 25’ Rage (a vee hull powered by a twin turbocharged 598) and a 27’ Thor (a catamaran powered by the same engine). He says word of mouth and the M29’s high-quality reputation lured him into the DCB fold.
The boat will spend time both in Lake Havasu—where he took delivery of the DCB and will run it at the Desert Storm Poker Run—and his home state of Washington. “We play on Lake Tapps, Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish,” he says, adding that there are some other DCBs on the same waters. He is currently pondering the idea of running the DCB during the Shootout at Desert Storm (April 24-28).
“The attention to detail on this boat is phenomenal,” Landry says. “The fit and finish of the M29 and the overall quality is incredible. It’s a really nice piece. Jeff Johnston and Tony Chiaramonte were really good to work with—anytime I have a problem or any question, they’re right there.”
Landry, who is retired, previously owned a freight consolidation company.
Here are some of the features of Landry’s M29:
• Beam: 9’0”
• Weight: approx. 6,350 lbs. (dry).
• Two 55-gallon fuel tanks (91 Octane) with separate 25-gallon tank (112 Octane) with electronic switchover fuel valve.
• 50% Alcantara interior package with matching under cuddy
• Custom matching carpet kit with shaved diamonds in the fabric
• Phase III gelcoat scheme
• Half cap with black powdercoated SS rubrail
• Vacuum Infused Resin (VIR) process, balsa-cored, with additional carbon-fiber
• Two Simrad NSS9 Evo3 (9”) touch screen monitors
• Garmin 922 (9”) GPS center plotter
• Two Garmin GMi20s in back of headrests
• Four-person intercom set
• Interior Rigid LED lighting package (mood lighting, courtesy lighting, LED cupholders)
Stage II stereo – Fusion head unit | Two (2) JL Audio amplifiers | Eight (8) JL midrange speakers with LED | Two (2) 12” JL subwoofers
• Mercury DTS controls
• Two billet swimsteps with SeaDek lining.
• Foot shower
• Mercury K-Planes
• Extreme Custom Trailer, tandem-axle with customized 18” FUEL rims, SS fenders and triangular drive guard, undercarriage LED lighting package, etc…
Retail price of the M29 with all upgrades and options: right around $455K.