Livorsi Marine of Grayslake, IL, has introduced the 975 Trim Tab, which frees up to 6 inches of transom space for greater prop clearance. The billet trim tabs are ideal for triple, quad and quint applications. The cutaway on these tabs is more aggressive than the Mercury 280S, as well as the transom plate width, which gains another 2 inches. This reduction will gain the user 3 inches per side, or a total of 6 inches overall to clear props and minimize cavitation.
The 6” gained allows additional motor clearance for narrow-transom boats. It also allows for greater motor separation, improving propeller bite. It makes maneuvering while docking easier. The tabs are available with 4″ or 6″ underwater LED lights and are available in 11 powdercoat colors and private labeling. The unit is Mil-Spec hard coat anodized, topped with a powdercoat finish to prevent corrosion.
Electronic models are compatible with NMEA 2000-compliant systems, Mercury VesselView or Livorsi LED Indicators. The electronic IP68 sensor plugs directly to Livorsi’s LED Position Indicator. The tabs are CNC machined from billet aluminum, no casting.
Other features of the 975 Trim Tab:
- Adjustable transom angles without the use of special tools.
- All hinge pins and hardware are 316 stainless steel.
- Livorsi transom plates are much smaller for adjustability in pockets.
- Hydraulic cylinders are designed for 1500 PSI working pressure with dual seals.
- These cylinders may be serviced.
- Five anodes for complete saltwater protection.
Trim Tab Kits include:
- Two billet tabs
- Two pumps
- Mounting hardware
- Thru-hull fittings
- Stainless steel braided hoses are purchased separately. Four hoses are needed for one kit, two per cylinder.