DCB Performance Boats of El Cajon, CA, has delivered another stunner, this time a walkthrough open-bow 2020 M31 Widebody to civil engineer and excavator Ryan Seitz.
Powered by twin Mercury Racing 1350/M8s, the DCB is the second to be owned by Seitz. He had briefly owned the fully capped orange M35 originally built by John Chilton until realizing it wasn’t the ideal DCB for him and his family.
“It was a sexy, beautiful boat,” he says. “We loved it, but I realized I didn’t need all that speed. Walking over the windshield wasn’t really practical. When we’d be out with the kids on it, they couldn’t see over it.”
So Seitz worked out a deal with DCB to build the M31. “I said, ‘Can you guys do me a 31 with a walkthrough and make it like a deckboat?’ They said yes, so here we are,” he laughs.
Although he doesn’t really care about top-end speeds, Seitz says he opted for the 1350s on the M31 because he loves the electronic shifting and the turbos. “The way they perform, it’s just the greatest thrill to drive,” he says. Top speed of the M31 is 140+ mph.
The boat is named Calex, after the company Seitz owns, Calex Engineering. If you’ve ever driven through Beverly Hills or Santa Monica, you’ve undoubtedly seen his company’s handiwork. His jobs have included the Century Plaza, the Waldorf Astoria and the Montage in Beverly Hills, the recent modification of the Historic L.A. Coliseum, the new Rams/Chargers Stadium, the Pendry Hotel/Sunset Times project (the former location of the House of Blues on Sunset Boulevard) and the majority of all of the downtown Los Angeles projects.
Between him and his fiancee, the pair have a total of five children, ranging in age from 5 to 19 years old. They are also the owners of a 28′ Howard deckboat.
Additional specs on Seitz’s M31:
• Full walk-through open bow.
• Twin Mercury Racing 1350/M8s.
• 100% Alcantara interior with matching front open bow lounge area.
• Custom matching carpet kit with shaved diamonds in the fabric.
• Phase III gelcoat scheme with exposed carbon-fiber in the graphics.
• Full cap (no rub rail).
• Vacuum Infused Resin (VIR) process, balsa-cored, with aggressive carbon-fiber & carbon-kevlar.
• Two (2) Mercury Vessel View 9s.
• C-Zone with Garmin 8’ monitor.
• Isotta Carlotta steering wheel.
• 6-person intercom system with VHF boat-to-boat communication (aka “DCB Channel”).
• Rear view back up camera.
• Two (2) Garmin GMi20’s in back of headrests.
• Interior Rigid LED lighting package (mood lighting, courtesy lighting, LED cupholders).
• Bimini top.
• Exterior and understate LED lighting package.
• Billet foot shower, with separate spray handle.
• Stage IV stereo (full custom) – Fusion head unit, four JL Audio amplifiers, 16 JL Audio M6 midrange LED speakers, four 12” JL Audio W6 subwoofers.
• Mercury DTS controls.
• SeaDek boarding kit (walkway between engine hatches and steps down into cockpit and front bow entry way).
• Adrenaline Custom Trailer, triple-axle with custom 20” FUEL rims, black SS fenders, triangular drive guard, undercarriage LED lighting package, etc.
Check out this gallery of images from DCB: